Monday, January 9, 2012

Finding my way again

Well since my last post, I got in 1 three mile run on Friday, a personal training sessions on Thursday, and talked with a health coach on the phone.  The health coach is a thing we can do through work that I get points towards cash and I'm willing to see if it helps me on my path.  It was only an orientation call but it appears we will discuss what I've done in the previous week and set new goal for the following week.  This week my goals are to run 3 times (10 miles) and lift once.  Now the "week" runs from Thursday to Thursday since that is when the appointments are so I've only got 2 runs to go.  As for the weekend, my eating is not good right now.  I always feel hungry and I try to talk myself out of eating a snack but without fail I eventually grab something.  It wasn't terrible but I just never really feel full lately.  I'm sure the increased appetite has to do with the increase in cardio lately but I really have to find a way to defeat it if I want to make progress on losing weight.  Overall I was down  1 pound of last week but for me that could easily swing to a no loss or a gain just being that my body can swing 5 pounds a day easy, however it was a Monday morning both times so for now I'll count it as progress.  I need to find some new motivation as I don't have as upbeat of a mentally about this as I did last year but in reality,  I need to do it all over again.  I think I need to find some new blogs to read as that helped last year and most of the people I was reading are either really far along in achieving their goals or no longer blogging.  I need to find someone to identify with.  And most of all I need to quit making excuses and just do what I know I need to do to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the motivation. I recently found "Ben does Life" blog and found it very motivational especially his early video and his earlier postings. http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com/

    Also at one point I found reading some of the running forums on active.com very motivational.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete