Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Not the smartest thing I've done

Well I got to the gym yesterday after work and wouldn't you know it, I forgot my socks.  My choices were either to run barefoot in my shoes or with my work dress socks.  I opted not to destroy my work socks and went barefoot.  The first 10 mins were just fine but after that, it started to sting a little and by about 22 minutes, I wasn't going to run for 8 more minutes just to destroy my feet.  I had some lovely blisters on the bottom of my arches.  They feel ok today but definitely not as good as if I would have just worn socks.  I could have gone home and got some, but I since I was stopping right after work, I knew if I went home, I wouldn't end up going out and running at that point.  I'm glad I ran but my feet are not happy with me.

My next scheduled runs are Friday and Saturday, maybe Sunday as well.  Thursday is still going to be my lifting day where I workout in a group at Discover Strength and tonight I have an appointment to use up one of my groupons.  I have always hated having hair on my back and so tonight starts 1 of 6 sessions to have it removed.  Just one of the few things I'm doing to look good for my trip to St. Martin in a couple months.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I've run in my work socks plenty but that's more because I'm afraid of destroying my shoes (I have stinky feet).

    ReplyDelete