Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It was a good year, Now I must focus not on what I've done but what I must do.

Last year was a great year.  I started out the year with a new job and a new enthusiasm for exercise.  I was running all the time and end up logging 275 miles.  I'm proud of that number but would like to beat it this year.  Since the last time I posted, I have still been working out.  Lifting weights and running a few times.  My lifting has been consistent but unfortunately so has my weight.  I've been stuck in place for about 3-4 months.  As much as I like lifting, the workout I've been doing are very hard and leave me unmotivated to go get cardio done.  I'm changing it up and will be lifting once a week and trying to run 3-4 times the rest of the week, for a total of 9-15 miles a week.  I seemed to do my best last year when I was focusing on 3 miles a run and eating better.  When I increased my mileage, I ate more and so the weight loss stopped.  Over all I was done 27 lbs last year and I would love to repeat that again this year and increase that number.  I have a vacation coming at the end of Feb. and want to lose at least 10-15 lbs by then.  I may not post on here as much but I will still be reading other blogs and finding ways to keep motivated.    The best part of my 2011 was also my downfall.  I didn't make the time to exercise but I wanted to spend every minute with her.  Now we are living together and have lots of extra time to spend with one another and with the holidays closed out, I'm starting back with a full head of steam.

On a side note, I did a Bod Pod test which uses air displacement and density to determine body fat.  I came in at 36.1%.  My goal is to be at 30% or lower by my birthday at the end of June.  I'll try to keep things updated here.  Maybe not everyday, but at least a few times a week.  I was most successful when I posted about what I was doing and I need to focus on doing that again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you had a good year and are back at it again.

    ReplyDelete