Thursday, January 20, 2011

Running up Hill

So after some online research, I came across many people who seem to agree that continuous cardio can be very effective but switching things up in an interval style is needed to kind of shock the body for growth and weight loss.  With this in mind I head to the gym yesterday with the intention of trying something a little different.  I setup on the treadmill at about 0.5mph less than I ran the 5k in as I figured I could easily do that for 30 mins and did the hill profile on the treadmill.  This was basically intervals with a constant speed as the incline would go up and down every minute or so.  It was a pretty brutal workout, but I made it and with an added cooldown on the end it came out to 35 mins and 2.5 miles.  So for anyone reading this, if there are any of you, what are your thoughts on doing this interval training vs the continuous running?  I want to improve my endurance but also want to make sure I'm losing weight.

An added note, I went to a Super Target after working out to grab a bunch of groceries and feel I did very well.  I got good healthy food for sandwiches at lunch at work so I'm not tempted to go get something bad and it should save me some money.  Also I bought some good food to cook at home because its very tough to keep eating out healthy and very expensive.  I always struggle with keeping on the cook for myself bandwagon but I'm giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment