Friday, January 28, 2011

Thank You Travis!

Well during my day off yesterday, I decided to email a guy who has been inspiring me the last 3 weeks.  I didn't know what to do as my shin was really hurting and I was having a hard time running.  I'm really not a huge fan of the bike unless its a real bike, and despise the elliptical (its so awkward).  Really for cardio, running is about the only way that feels good and natural.  Well Travis suggested something that I'm fresh off of trying and it felt great.  I did 30 minutes of walking uphill on the treadmill.  I will probably add this in at least twice a week to break up runs and allow my legs to recover.  All in all, at an incline of between 8-10 and a pace of around 3.4 mph, I went 1.9 miles and kept my HR right up there in the 150-165 range and feel really good about it again.  Thank you Travis for the suggestion and the renewed motivation to get my big ass back in shape. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment