Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shin Pains

Well I had never really experience what others refered to as the Splints but yesterday I know thats what I had.  I was running on the track again and after about 12-13 mins my left inside shin felt like it was being stabbed so I swtiched to the treadmill.  It was feeling better but still bothering me so I switched to the bike.  I decided not to stress it too bad and iced it when I got home.  It feels much better today and I'll be running on the treadmill instead of the track for a while until I can strengthen my calves and shins (tibia w/e).  I don't want to injure myself since I'm just finally getting going and enjoying it.  I really do look forward to my runs now and am going to start stretching my legs better and doing some stregth training to prevent any injury before I get out on the road to prepare for outdoor racing.  Anyways pulled in at about 1.8 miles of running and 2 miles of biking which isn't much but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment