Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 2. Engage!

So pretty much my main focus today was getting back to the gym.  I don't often stick with my workout programs and so a big thing is keeping a positive attitude about it and just going and luckily today was very easy to do, I was excited to get back there and see how I was feeling.  Not quite the performance I was able to muster on Saturday, still not sure what got into me, but I ran 2 miles straight. Now before the 5k I had never done that before so its not like I really reverted; just wasn't feeling it today.  Also I did not give up easily, I was ready to walk at about 1.25 miles and made myself finish that last 3/4 mile without stopping or slowing down.  I kept telling myself that I had to endure through it because if it is too easy to quit then how will I stick with it forever.  Looking forward to running tomorrow. (What a strange concept?)

No comments:

Post a Comment