Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sore and Disappointed

Well I was really hoping for a bigger change this week.  I've pushed myself quite hard and been watching what  I ate but it didn't make much of a difference.  Maybe I'm setting myself up for a good week but only losing 0.8 lbs this early on does not make me happy. 

Anyways went running again yesterday with my stride sensor and heart rate monitor.  It was tough, as I switched off the treadmill and onto the track.  Now that I can track my distance with the stride sensor I figure I should run on the track to get used to running outside and wow what a difference.  It wasn't so much my breathing that held me back more the burning in my legs much worse than I've had since I started.  Thankfully I'm not too sore today and so I'm hoping that burning will go away quickly as those muscles build up and get used to the track.  Another problem I have on the track is keeping my pace slower as I end up running closer to 6mph where on the treadmill I was closer to 5mph.  I went for 30 minutes and did 3 miles which is about where I'm going to try and stick for a week or two.  I'd like to get to the point where 3 miles becomes routine so when I run a 5k this spring it'll be no big deal to finish without walking. 

Again just a little disappointed when I run 15+ miles in the last week and only see 0.8 lbs.  Hopefully I'm just gaining some muscles and this week will bring better results.  I'm staying positive though because the running has increased my energy and mood most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment