Saturday, April 23, 2011

Getting Stronger

Well I moved the long run for the week to today as I have a Twins game tomorrow and I'm sure that running 8 miles after sitting out in the sun for 3 hours will be the last thing I want to do.  That said I pushed myself, got motivated and ended up on the track today.  The first 2 miles were the typical warm-up and I felt great after.  Got to the turn around point feeling amazing but at mile 6 I started to hate life.  Every minute that went by felt like an eternity and the next 0.5 mile segment that is announce by the iphone felt like it was taking forever.  I didn't walk and I finished.  My time up to 6 miles was 9:30ish per mile but dropped quickly the last two miles as my legs felt like lead.  But its done, I won the mental battle and I will be stronger for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment