Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Molly and Me

So yesterday I went for a 3 mile run and decided to take my dog Molly with.  I've never done this before because she is terrible at walking and pulls constantly.  Also she is a small dog, granted with a lot of energy, but I was concerned about how she would do at this distance.  Well the run went great, she did pull a bit much but it really didn't affect my pacing and although it was a slower time I think most of that was when I got stuck at a stop light twice for an extended period.  She really seemed to love the run and I enjoyed having her there.  I need to train her to pull a little less and so I went and got a harness that goes around her chest instead of just a regular collar.  I'm also considering getting an elastic leash so she can roam with it pulling on my arm so much.  I'm also looking forward to getting her a back pack to put some water in that we both can share but I don't have to carry :).

No comments:

Post a Comment