Friday, April 1, 2011

Falling Down

Yesterday was a stress filled day.  I felt like Michael Douglas, an overworked engineer that was about to snap on someone, but I knew I had one exit for relief.  As soon as I got home, I changed into my running clothes and hit the road.  I had 3.5 scheduled and did 3.67 and it felt great.  It let me forget all about work and just focus on me and the rest of the night felt good too.  Granted I was a little sore but I wasn't going to rip anyones head off.  My confidence has been growing all week for the 5 miler coming up on Sunday.  What I'm not looking forward to is a party on Saturday that I said I would attend.  I don't want to fall into that trap of drinking and eating stupid like I tend to do on the weekends but my plan is to stay sober enough to drive aka maybe one drink an hour and try to still stay social which can be a challenge at times when I want to unwind from a stressful week.  Knowing I have the 5 mile run the next day should help that and give me a good excuse.

On a side note, the scale read 295 this morning.  When I started my first job out of college in 2006, I weighed in the fitness center as a part of the fitness assessment required before joining the company fitness center.  At that time I was 295 and I don't believe I have been below that point since.  I flirted with it once when I moved back from AZ in Dec 2007 and was on nutri-system at the time but the food on it was so terrible I just couldn't stick with it.  It feels good to know that I'm getting back to being me.  When I went to college I was 245, but I don't think I've ever looked as big as I've actually weighed.  None of my friends had a clue I was over 300 when I started this, most thought I was around 270 - 280, little did they know I was well over 300.  Well not anymore.  I want to get back to my college starting weight at a minimum because I know at that point I was in great football shape and liked the way I looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment