Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finally Nice Out

Well it has finally been two days back to back nice enough to run outside.  There is just something about running through the neighborhood not counting laps around a track that makes it seem so much easier.  Yesterday was to be a cross training day or run 2 miles but to make up some for missing Sunday, I ran 4 miles in just under 39 mins.  I was going to do 4.5 but there was a giant hill in front of me right at 4 and decided not to kill myself for todays 3.5 mile run.   I really like doing the out and back route as I know once I turn around exactly how far I have to go not having to wonder about times or distance; I'm done when I get back to my place.  The run felt good, lower legs were a little sore but otherwise it went faster than I thought I was going.  Hadn't put a weight down this week because I wanted to show a loss and so this morning I was at 296.6 and I'm using that for my weigh in this week.  I've got to take it easy on the weekends and cutting out drinking may be the key to some of it.  I enjoy having beers with friends and look forward to it all the time but it gets me in trouble and so I've either got to start cutting it out some until I can control myself better or I'm going to be stuck spinning my wheels here.

No comments:

Post a Comment