Friday, March 4, 2011

Need for speed

Ok speed is a relative term here.  But I've been a little congested lately but still want to work out good yesterday and I thought I would see just how fast I could run one mile.  I didn't make it the full mile and it was just too hard to breathe and get what I needed but for 0.6 miles I was at an 8:02 pace but I feel I could easily have gotten four more laps at this pace as it wasn't too bad on the legs but I was just not getting the air needed.  I walk a bit after that then went and did some fast walking on an incline on the treadmill followed by a little bit of abs and back stregthening.  I've noticed I tend to slouch when I get tired during running and usually try to correct it quickly but it keeps happening and that isn't good for my running so I'm going to incorporate some abs and back work into my daily workouts to improve my posture.  My ab strength has always been poor and I need to improve that and my back strength could use it too.  My dad has a terrible back and I don't want to end up with that.  Cheers to a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment