Thursday, March 10, 2011

I didn't get a run in yesterday because I was going to the Irish Comedy Tour and wanted to get a few things done between work and that.  I'm planning to go today after going to get my stuff for the 5k on Saturday.  I'm really looking forward to this 1) Because its my first race ever 2) I'm getting antsy to start extending my training to a 10k.  I've held back some on the distance because I wanted to make sure I was good at the 5k and didn't get injured so I could do it, but after this with daylight savings coming and some nicer weather I'm looking forward to running outside and kicking the distances into high gear and maybe even run a half - marathon before the end of the summer.  One thing that was pretty cool to hear came from my roommate who is a fast runner and has done a few marathons was "I didn't realize you could get going that fast."  Felt good to hear that especially because he saw me at almost the end of my 5k run.

No comments:

Post a Comment