Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting ready for the race

Well the 5k is this Saturday and I'm pumped for it even if it means running over packed snow.  I didn't get any runs in this weekend as I was out of town and when I got back on Sunday I was still fighting some stuffed sinuses and a cough.  It's better today and I'm hoping for it to be gone in the next day or two.  Not doing spin class this week because I've got something planned that would conflict with it but I think that is a good thing.  My plan is to run 35 mins tonight, tomorrow and wednesday.  Then just a really easy workout on Thursday maybe a couple miles with some walking spread in there.  If I can get outside for any of the runs this week I'm going to try to so I'm more prepared for the race. 

The scale ticked up over the weekend which was to be expected but overall I'm ok with things.  I've lost some discipline lately but not terribly and I know I need to refocus.  The last few weekends have been my down fall and I'm going to concentrate more on watching what I eat and getting in that fifth day of exercise in on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment