Friday, March 25, 2011

Getting ready for Chicago

I'm very excited for this weekend but I have to keep in mind to stay healthy and still have a good time.  One of my favorite bands, Volbeat, is coming to the House of Blues, and I'll be driving there with my friend Dan (from the 5k).  Got really lucky too and used Priceline for the first time ever and got a sweet 4 star in downtown Chicago for my first $80 bid.  I was always too nervous to use the site because I have a hard time committing to something I don't know all the details of, but I'm working on it.  So the plan as of right now is to leave for Chicago on Saturday and come back Monday as the concert is Sunday night.  Which means I'll be there on my scheduled long run for the week and I've been looking around for a good spot to run 4-4.5 miles and it looks like I'm fairly close to a large park so that might work out well.   Yesterday was to be an easy 3 miler but I got it in my head that I wanted to do 3.5 (I know huge stretch huh).  It was more about just pushing myself to go above and beyond what is expected of me.  I did it in around 35 mins so I wasn't running real hard and I had to run on the dreaded track because its still cold out, but I did it.  One big mistake I made yesterday was to run that when I had missed lunch and only ate a bagel earlier that morning. I had no energy what-so-ever but I'm still alive and ate good last night with a burrito bowl from Chipotle.  My calories were probably too low yesterday but hey the scale looked nice this morning and if I stay healthy this weekend I may post a 4-5 drop which could put me @ 30 lbs down in less than 3 months and I won't complain about that.  It's not as fast as I would hope, and certainly doesn't compare to Travis C. or Bendoeslife but I'm just happy that I'm becoming healthier and this is turning into more of a drive to run a half marathon than a drive to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment