Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Almost back to normal

So I went to the gym with a goal last night and I hit it and went way faster than I should have but I pushed through and finished it.  I did 35 mins and 3.83 miles and I knew I was running faster but it was just the groove I fell into.  My real goal was to do the 35 mins because I want to make that my new minimum run time and then eventually 40, then 50, then an hour.  If I was up to running an hour on average everytime I went running by the summer, I would be very happy.  I not even worried about the distance just more about getting the time in to build leg strength, fitness, and lose weight. 

The scale responded again this morning and I'm back to being 1 lb above where I weighed in last week and that means I've lost 7 lbs in 2 days so something was definitely acting funny in my system.  I feel better and less sluggish and hopefully might still make my goal by the 5k of being down 30 lbs.  Its going to take a lot of work but if I eat right and stay focused, I'll be ok.  If anything I'd really like to be under 300 by then.  I know its just a number but its one I never want to be associated with before.  I told a friend of mine what I started my weight loss at, and he was shocked that I was over 300.  I'm over 300 now and I've lost 20 lbs.  I just hate this 300 stigma and want to be smaller.  I'm still an instant gratification type guy and I need to lose that part of me to make this journey easier but getting skinny cannot come any sooner, however I'm glad its not because its gives time for this workout addiction to take hold :).

No comments:

Post a Comment