Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Shoes

So yesterday was supposed to be a rest day/strength training day.  I had decided earlier that day after seeing a special @ REI that I was going to get a pair of Vibram Five Finger shoes.  My good friend has been running in them and absolutely loves them.  I know you are suppose to take it really easy when first getting them and warming up to them.  They are supposed to switch your running style to a barefoot type forefoot landing and help eliminate injuries.  They are also suppose to improve running form and make you an overall better runner.  Being that it was a recovery day and I'm suppose to start slow, I only went a mile in them but without really pushing myself at all I ran under a 9 min/mi which is faster that I normally run and they felt great.  I threw in some upper body lifting and core and called it a day.  Below is what they look like.  They are the Trek Sport version.

No comments:

Post a Comment