Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Building Endurance

So yesterday like I said I was going to, I didn't run on the track and instead did 40 mins on the treadmill.  The time involved about 30 mins walking at 9 incline and 3.5 mph pace then I lower the incline as my achilles was hurting a little bit and turned up the speed to a jog for the last 10 mins.  I felt good afterwards and today I'm going to hit the indoor track again and hopefully get a little closer to 3.1 miles in preparation for the race.  I plan to hopefully get up to 3.5 or 4 miles maybe more before the race so that the 3.1 will seem easier.  I've noticed I'm making better food choices after my bad weekend and even though I went out last night I ordered a sensible meal and didn't share any of what my girlfriend got because I just knew one thing would lead to another and I'd probably eat bad soon after and I'm not letting that happen. 

As of tomorrow it will be a FULL MONTH of going to the gym and eating better and just about 15 lbs down.  I'm really happy with myself about that but I don't ever plan to stop I just haven't gone to the gym this much in probably 8 years and even then I was only lifting and doing agility work never stuck with cardio for more than a couple weeks.  I am starting to enjoy running and setting mini-goals for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment