Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A little of everything

I've thought about posting a few times just hadn't so let me fill you in.  Saturday I ran on the track for about 20 mins and my achilles was bothering me so I moved to the treadmill for the final 20 mins, it was about 4.2 miles but I'm not going to extend my longest total distance running straight because I switched surfaces.  I have had some tightness in my achilles when I walk and was thinking about skipping yesterday but I went anyways and it felt good while I was running.  I did a little over 2 miles on the track and then the bike for 10 mins and then jumped in the hot tub hoping that would help loosen things up.  It felt good the rest of the night but was tight this morning. 

As for weight loss if you see on my tracker, I had a very good week and that made me very happy to see.  I'm down about 6 lbs for the week and the puts me at 20+ lbs overall.  I'm very happy about this and am hoping for a repeat week.  My goal is to be 30-35 lbs down by the time the 5k comes around which is March 12th so I have a little over 3 weeks to drop another 10-15.

I've been considering doing some swimming for cross training, although I don't really have a swim suit right now.  I might do the spin class again this week and just go easier on myself, we'll see but my legs were very sore after last week and it made my running much harder.  I know, I know its only been one class :P but swimming sounds like it could be fun.  I am very self conscious about my big ass going out to the pool though so who knows.  All I know is riding the bike (outside of spin class) and the elliptical are so dreadfully boring there is no way I'll get a high HR to keep a good workout so I have to find something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment