Sunday, February 13, 2011

Now I know I can do it!

Well yesterday was a big day for me.  First I was lazy all morning and had to get a ride to get my car at 2.  Then I really needed a haircut so I stopped and got that and then it was like 2:45 by the time I got home and I had plans to be somewhere at 5.  So of course I was thinking to myself, "well I don't really have time, I guess I'll push my run off until tomorrow." Then I had a breakthrough of sorts because I've always wondered how my roommate who is a big time runner would do this but I said "screw it I'm going, I don't want to let myself down, I'll feel bad if I don't do my run." So I went and my roommate went as well and I ran around the indoor track for 3.6 miles without walking.  Let me repeat that 3.6 miles without walking in like 34-35 mins.  I had never really gotten more than 2.7 without walking on the track and so this was huge, especially on a day I really didn't want to run and to be honest didn't feel all that great before the run.  It is exactly 1 month before the 5k and I just did 3.6 miles and it wasn't too bad so I'm very excited because now I know I can do it! I hope to be able to push my training up to 5 miles straight before the 5k so that a 5k seems like a piece of cake and I can sprint across the finish line.  My legs hurt today but it's a good hurt and I'm looking to getting back to the gym tomorrow.  I may even go buy some new workout clothes today as a reward for getting my butt in gear yesterday.

1 comment: