Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just Run

Run now…to save your soul
Run now…to take control
Run now…to save your life
Run now…it's do or die
Just run…

These lyrics came on just at the right time yesterday from a DevilDriver song and really kept me going.  I did a type of interval I guess yesterday.  I ran about a mile then walked for a lap or two then another mile until I did that 4 times.  Due to my miles being a little longer as I more watching time instead of distance, I ended with about 5.2 miles total and although I was tired I felt good.  When I was first looking to run the 5k this year my friend looked into it and told me they had changed it to a 7k and at the time I didn't think I'd be ready to run that far.  It turned out he was looking at the wrong race and I'll be running the 5k I had intended on.  As I'm getting better at running each week, I decided that I want to be able to run a 7k before that race just to prove to myself that I could have done it.  Yesterday was a good start towards that.  Also I figure if I can run a 7k or 8k straight before the race, then a 5k will be a breeze.  Scale was down this morning which was great also, I won't post the number just yet so I dont' jinx it but the small hiccup I had at the end of last week may be over.  And soon enough I'll be into the 2's and I will not be looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment