Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting away with cheating!

No I'm not talking about the Packers. Although I'm not happy they won yesterday, I'm talking about me.  First I've been a bad blogger and need to keep doing this to hold myself accountable, maybe its because I dont' have a following yet, and second I ate terribly this weekend and appear to have gotten away with it for now.  I was doing good all week and went running 3 times meant to get 4 but realized on Tuesday morning I had a hockey game to go to that night and so I had no time and then Saturday and Sunday I wasn't feeling so great so I passed.  I'm thinking I wasn't feeling so great because I ate like crap over the weekend and so this morning I expected a gain on the scale and to my surprise, I was sitting at 312.2, I even recheck it about 3 times.  I'm very happy about this and so I'm going back to the gym today with some new confidence and motivation to keep going and training for a 5k I have now decided to run on March 12.  I may need to go get some winter running gear though as it can still be very very cold here at that time.

New to my running scheme has been more working on the indoor track than the treadmill to prepare for running outside.  There is a huge difference and I can feel it in my legs when I running.  Much more pounding and overall lower leg soreness.  I'm going to try to up my stride ran from 160 to 180 per min as that is suppose to help and also try this new Jeff Galloway technique of forcing yourself to walking instead of continuous running to get more distance without destroying your body and therefore upping my endurance.  I'd like to have run 5 miles on the indoor track before the 5k so that the 5k seems like a breeze.  Right now 1.5 miles seems like a breeze even maybe 2 miles but that last mile is brutal hopefully the quick walks will revive my muscles and make it a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment