Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monday, Monday

So after a long day of work, I decided to go to the gym which I went to on Saturday because the track felt better on my legs.  I had a good run with a total of 3.65 miles in around 37 mins with walking at the end and about 1 lap of walking during the middle of the run.  I believe I got about 2.2 miles in and then walked for a lap and finished out running at around 3.3 miles then walked for a cooldown.  My fastest mile was about 9:03 according to my stride sensor which is much faster than I was trying for and maybe why I had to walk.  As much as I liked the track on Saturday though, there were so many people there yesterday that it drove me nuts.  Especially all the people with absolutely no track etiquette.  The track is wide enough for 3 people to be side by side on but there must have been 5 couples walking side by side right down the middle making it very difficult to get around.  I myself run in the middle and move to the outside to pass but move back to the middle leaving room for others to pass me.  However, I appear to be the only one that does this as some just run the whole way in the runners lane even at a very slow pace in which case you must run to the inside to pass and avoid walkers at the same time.  It is very frustrating and takes away from energy I should be focusing on running.  My roommate pointed out that Mondays and Wednesdays are the worst because around 5-630 they have fitness classes near the track and people coming in and out will walk a few laps on the track and pay no attention to who is already out there.  Ugh, I guess I'll go back and see today because even with the frustration, the banking of the corners on the track at the other gym tends to really make my knees sore and pain will trump annoyance.

Another point of frustration is my weight right now, I'm in another platueu I guess.  I really am not moving weight wise even though I'm not eating poorly or in excess and I am putting on more miles than I have in the past.  Last week I totaled 14 miles only to see the scale slow to a stop after Wednesday.  Oh well at least I'm not losing motivation as my miles and endurance are increasing and my focus on a good time at the 5k in March is driving a lot of my workouts.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep throwing wood into that furnace. The more you workout, the hotter your engine will burn off that fat.

    ReplyDelete