Thursday, May 19, 2011

A difference in thinking

Well the last few days have involved zero running.  This is probably not good considering I'm planning to run 12 miles this weekend and most likely a half marathon in 2 weeks.  However, Tuesday involved some pretty heavy yardwork for about 3.5 hours so there was plenty of sweating and exercise involved.  Today I have to drive my friend to the airport and immediately go to my softball game so it looks like I may miss today as well.  And yesterday I had a date which felt good and it went really well.  It's been over a month since my last relationship ended which I didn't say much about, but I'm back out there and hopefully it won't interfere too much with the running schedule.  (Thankfully this one is a runner so maybe I can make that into a date sometime.  5k around the lake sounds nice to me)

The best part about this whole thing is that in the past I would have easily drifted away from my program or been worried that I might not get it started again.  This time I'm not even worried.  I've felt bad about missing a few running days but I know I'll get right out there as soon as I have time.  Also on Tuesday I know last summer I would have been dead after about 1 hour of the work I did and I went 3.5 hours and really wasn't that tired, the sun was just going down so I ended because trust me I still have plenty of repairs still to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment