Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's been a long tough month

Just like the title says, its been a long and difficult month of May.  My weight loss slowed down significantly and I kind of started slacking in my running, not in being active just running.  One problem with summer and the nice weather is there are so many other things to do between yardwork, Twins games, walks around the lakes, etc.  However, it looks like I had a pretty good break through weight wise this week and lost 2.2 lbs which is the biggest loss I've had in a while and I'm happy to cross over the 40 lbs lost mark and set sights on 45 lbs.  My clothes are getting much baggier and my work slacks are almost to the point I can't wear them. 

When entering in my weight today I realized it was my 20th week on here and started to think back on the journey so far.  I'm happy to be where I am now, if you would have told me I would do this well back in January, I would take it 10 out of 10 times but I'm not satisfied with the end result.  I don't plan on just being happy where I am and settling in here.  I've got another 58.8 pounds to go to be where I really want to be.  The biggest things this journey has taught me is patience.  I don't have to get to that weight immediately but as long as I keep going in the right direction, I will get there eventually.  If it takes me a full year or more I'm fine with that.  Would I like to be further along, sure but I know I've been my own worst enemy from that standpoint.  I've made steps in the right direction that aren't drastic or impossible to maintain.  I can keep going forward on my journey because really its just the way I'm living now and hopefully the weight loss just keeps up.  If not I will makes changes but for now I like the way this is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment