Monday, May 23, 2011

Guilty Weekend

So running and working out did not happen at all this weekend.  But I'm still down weight for the week and I'm very happy about that.  I know I will get there eventually and there are times I wish it was faster but I had a great weekend so I'm not too concerned right now.  First Friday night was a great night on a brewery tour of a smaller brewery that my friend and I all love.  It was fun to listen to the owner talk so passionately about the business and about how they go about making their beer.  He was willing to answer every question with enthusiam as well.  I stayed out that night with friends and had a great time.  The running was really shut down this weekend by the crazy storms around the area.  There were major thunderstorms all day Saturday and Sunday including hail and tornados that destroy some areas of minneapolis.  Even where I work there are trees that are easily 50+ years old pull right out of the ground.  So needless to say I wasn't going to run in that.  I could have gone to the gym and maybe should have but didn't.  Instead I spent most of my weekend with someone I just met and really enjoy.  And so I decided to take advantage of the fact that at 40 lbs down, a better look, and a new sense of confidence, I could get back in the dating scene and try to find someone to be happy with.  It's only been 3 dates so far but I like where things are headed.  Getting back at it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment